5 Steps to Hitting the Big Leagues as an SEO Reseller
Search engine optimization (SEO) is quickly becoming a staple in the world of online marketing. Over 93% of online experiences begin with a search engines, and most of the time Google. Within the search results, over 90% of users scroll right past anything labeled “advertisement” and choose one of the organic results on the list. About 33% of users choose the first link in the search results, 18% choose the second link, and each following link gets less and less attention. Over 70% of users completely ignore any search results past the first page.
Every business should make it their highest online marketing priority to get Google to rank their website in the first page of results for applicable searches. If you are interested in making a living by helping businesses improve their search engine site ranking, this is where you come in. An SEO reseller connects businesses with SEO services that are provided by a third-party firm. The best way to get started as an SEO reseller is by following the following 5 steps to SEO reselling.
5 Steps to SEO Reselling
- Find the right SEO firm. If you use a white label SEO firm, your logo will be put on their product, and your client will not know that you don’t personally provide the services they purchase. It is essential that the product you slap your logo on is worthy of it.
Other aspects that make one SEO firm better than another is having a robust reporting tool, offering continual training for their resellers, and providing assistance with pricing and SEO strategy development.
- Master SEO 101. The SEO firm you work with will provide all the tech, so you don’t need to know how to build an SEO machine yourself. However, in order to sell SEO you have to be able to sell the concept. You need to be an expert on SEO strategies and the impact they have on a business.
- Find your market. In addition to becoming an expert on all things SEO, you should find a niche market that you feel comfortable offering SEO to, and learn all you can about it. Understanding the target audience, the challenges of the industry, and the function of online marketing in your particular market will help you find ways to marry your niche and SEO, gaining you loyal clients.
- Diversify your offerings. Become a one-stop-shop of online marketing. You will gain more clients (and keep them) if you can provide them with effective SEO, social media marketing, pay-per-click marketing, and even web development. For this reason, companies who already offer one aspect of online marketing really thrive by adding SEO reselling to their repertoire.
- Pound the pavement. Your product is your SEO service, but you’re really selling yourself. Get out there and meet local business owners. You will build a better rapport in person than an email will ever convey. Also look for ways to wow your potential clients. Start by sending a handwritten thank you note for taking the time to meet with you after your initial consultation. Building personal connections is the first step in gaining and maintaining clients in your SEO reselling business.
Do you have any other points to add to our list of “5 Steps to SEO Reselling” that we didn’t cover? We want to hear your input! Please share in the comment section below!